The History of Redemptorists Around the World
The Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Redemptorist Missionaries) was founded by St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, on November 09, 1732, in Scala, in the Kingdom of Naples, in southern Italy.
St. Alphonsus started the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer based on the charisma of the proclamation that in Christ Redemption is Plentiful to all of us.
The Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer is present in 79 countries, and has more than 5,000 members.
Redemptorist Missionaries are responsible for disseminating the devotion to Our Lady of Perpetual Help all over the world.
The original icon of the Virgin Mary with the Baby Jesus on Her lap was conceived between the 13th and 17th centuries, in the Island of Crete, in Greece, and since 1866 it has been exhibited at the Church of the Most Holy Redeemer and St. Alphonsus, on Via Merulana, in downtown Rome. Where the Redemptorists’ world headquarters is also located.
Redemptorists’ mission is to preach the Gospel to the poor, by visiting regions with excluded populations in terms of pastoral and social works, by providing spiritual retreats and pastoral works at the Sanctuaries and Parishes through its missions, and conveying the message of Plentiful Redemption through its communication means.
During its history missionaries emerged who became Saints of the Catholic Church. They are: St. Gerard Majella, St. Clement Hofbauer and St. John Neumann, in addition to St. Alphonsus, the founder. There is also a large number of Blesseds, Martyrs and other holy men, who have won the status of Venerables and Servants of God and wait for their miracles to be confirmed so they can be beatified or canonized.
Os comentários e avaliações são de responsabilidade exclusiva de seus autores e não representam a opinião do site.